List of Vendors
to be released Early December...
Want to be a vendor?
Tupelo Comic Con Rules and Regulations
Tupelo Comic Con staff welcomes all vendors who wish to participate in the Dealer’s Room at Tupelo Comic Con 2016! The convention is held at the Tupelo Furniture Market April 1st and 2nd, 2017. We ask that all vendors please be respectful of decisions that the staff may have to make concerning the Dealers’ Room the day of the convention. We are constantly working to make the con experience great for everyone and may have to make changes in the initial plans. There will be dedicated staffers available exclusively to the Dealers’ Room to try to prevent theft. They will be identified to the vendors at the convention, so if there should be any questions/problems, please contact these staffers. We will try our best to prevent problems from occurring, but we cannot plan for every contingency. Should a problem arise with another vendor, please speak to a staffer.
We ask that you only use masking tape or pins in fabric panels for temporary room decorations. Please do not use staples, nails, tacks or other forms of tape. Do not place stickers or paints, or deface venue materials in any permanent fashion. Signs, banners, and flyers may not be posted outside of your table space. There will be a table available to place extra flyers should you require it. We do not allow the open sales of any type of adult-deemed material (not limited to DVDs, VHSs, pornographic images/artwork). No adult material may be viewed, sold or distributed to minors, and we require that vendors not bring adult-themed material at all. Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to judge the acceptability of all displays. The presence and sale of weapons are prohibited. In addition, questionable material (such as paraphernalia and images from groups such as KKK and Nazi or Nazi-like merchandise) are prohibited.
Pricing and Availability
Vendors’ spaces in the Dealers’ Room are sold for $100 per standard booth. This price is not negotiable for vendors. Vendors are asked not to encroach upon their neighbour’s space unless they are given permission. Vendors that do not arrive before Opening of the room Saturday or do not give prior notice will forfeit their space. “No-show” spaces will be sold to available wait list patrons or other Dealers’ Room participants at the convention at a reduced cost (cash only). All Dealer payments must be made on or before Jan 31, 2017, or the dealer will forfeit their space. After the initial spaces are filled, Tupelo Comic Con will keep a waiting list of other interested vendors, to be filled either on Jan 31, 2017, or the day of the convention.
The Dealers’ Room will be set up in Building 5 of the Tupelo Furniture Market. Anyone found selling wares outside of the Dealer’s Room or Artists Alley will be asked to leave. The tables will be set up in a 10×10’ space marked with Tape. Tables, Chairs, Electricity are not included but may be requested at the expense of the Vendor. (Wi-Fi passwords will be distributed upon arrival but are not to be distributed to any guests). We will try to accommodate all requests, but we only have limited supplies. Information about ordering these services will be provided to vendors at a later date.
Reserving Multiple Spaces
Vendors are welcome to reserve multiple spaces, limit 3. If there are extra spaces available on Saturday at opening, Dealers’ Room participants may purchase an extra space at a reduced cost (cost determined by Tupelo Comic Con).
Hours of Operation
The Dealers’ Room will have operating hours are TBA, but will begin at 10 am April 1st, 2017. Tupelo Comic Con takes no personal responsibility for items stolen, but will make reasonable accommodations to prevent theft, including providing hired bonded security.
- Payment information and invoicing is TBA
- Each dealer’s booth shall have a fixed cost: US$100 for a standard booth. Tupelo Comic Con sets all prices for vendors’ tables.
- Vendors are welcome to participate in any event at the convention with the same rate and cost as a normal convention attendant. Vendors will be provided with two 2 Day Passes per Space.
- Tupelo Comic Con makes no guarantee as to the availability of space and reserves the right to limit. There is a possibility for more tables to become available to a vendor if there are enough space and/or dearth of payment from other vendors.
- Vendor has read the VENDOR CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS attached hereto and acknowledges that such terms and conditions are fully incorporated herein, and are binding on the parties hereto.
Tupelo Comic Con
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Tupelo Comic Con agrees to provide 10×10’ spaces, which will be located in the area designated “Dealers’ Room”. Tupelo Comic Con agrees to make said tables and exhibit space available to the Vendor by no later than 5pm on Friday, March 31st, 2017 for load in and setup. Vendor agrees to vacate convention hall premises by no later than 9pm Sunday, April 2nd, 2017.
2) Tupelo Comic Con agrees to be responsible for promoting the show. Tupelo Comic Con makes no representations as to the number of attendees and/or customers who will be in attendance.
3) Subletting of tables is not permitted.
4) Each application will be processed on a first come – first served basis by merchandise category, with exceptions on a case-by-case basis (at the discretion of Tupelo Comic Con).
5) Vendor shall be responsible for the actual setup of its displays. Tupelo Comic Con shall not be liable for any loss or damage to Vendor’s property or for any personal injury suffered by Vendor or any of its agents. Vendor will hold Tupelo Comic Con and Tupelo Furniture Market harmless for any personal injury or damage to goods that may occur.
6) Tupelo Comic Con, upon request, agrees to limited assistance in loading and unloading Vendor’s materials and to assist with setting up of tables. Vendor MUST have a hold-harmless agreement on file (available to sign at the event) with Tupelo Comic Con to utilize this resource.
7) The following activities are prohibited in the Dealers’ Room at all times: Smoking or any burning of objects; sales of food or beverage products; consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages, sales of bladed weapons, sales of 18+ material, not limited to hentai, yaoi, yuri, porn, etc.
8) All vendors shall have a signed copy of the Tupelo Comic Con Vendor Contract (this document) on file with Tupelo Comic Con. No vendor shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services at the convention facility without having a signed copy on file with Tupelo Comic Con. No party shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services outside of the space deemed “Dealers’ Room” or in these areas outside of the given hours.
9) Vendors may play audio devices at low volume. Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to determine the definition of ‘low volume.’ Furthermore, Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to determine what audio content may be played during the hours of operation of the Dealers’ Room.
10) All vendors must claim their tables before Saturday, April 1st, 2017 at 8am, or send written notice of reason for being late no later than 1 week before the date. Tables which have not been claimed by that time may be resold at the sole discretion of Tupelo Comic Con.
A) Tables that are cancelled prior to Dec 15th, 2016 with written notice shall be refunded one hundred (100) percent of its cost.
B) Vendor agrees to hold Tupelo Comic Con harmless for any lost investments or revenues as a result of either (a) unclaimed or (b) cancelled tables.
C) If Tupelo Comic Con is cancelled because of an Act of God or other event beyond the control of Tupelo Comic Con, and the event cannot be rescheduled, Tupelo Comic Con will make good faith attempts to refund 50% of the amount paid.
D) Any breach of the provisions of this paragraph 10 due to communication failures will be handled in a best faith manner.
11) The Vendor agrees to comply with all municipal, state, and federal requirements, if any, in connection with all sales, including but not limited to any sales or other tax laws. Vendor will be responsible for filling out Tax paperwork before leaving the event and will pay 7.25% of all sales to Tupelo Comic Con to be filed on the vendor’s behalf as is required by MS state law.
12) All vendors will obey federal, state, and local laws and ordinances regarding the sale of material which, intentionally or unintentionally, infringes upon the trademarks or copyrights of another party. Any vendor selling material which infringes upon the trademark or copyright of another party may be ejected without warning and without refund. Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to inspect and/or eject questionable material at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, the following products:
Bootlegged (burned) audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs
Burned or Bootleg video games (e.g. Playstation, Dreamcast)
Tupelo Comic Con takes no responsibility for any infringing material, and will fully comply with all requests from licence holders and law enforcement to inform vendors of infractions. Vendors hold all responsibility toward licensed material and having written documentation on-hand of proper license permissions.
14) Vendors shall not display material which is deemed offensive or inappropriate. Tupelo Comic Con has the sole right to determine what is or is not offensive or inappropriate. Vendors who continue to display material which has been deemed to be offensive or inappropriate may be ejected without warning and without refund. Furthermore, vendors shall not sell any “adult”-deemed material at the convention, in compliance with Tupelo Comic Con policy, including but not limited to DVDs, doujinshi, suggestive body pillows, adult dating-simulation games and other adult material usually not for sale to customers under 18 years of age.
Vendors who sell such materials may be ejected without warning and without refund. Failure to comply is immediate grounds for ejection without warning and without refund. Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to determine if the material in question is “adult” in nature.
15) Vendors are expected to follow the same rules of behaviour as the rest of the convention attendees during off-hours. Any Vendor ejected from the convention during those hours must leave immediately the next morning during the set-up time.
16) Vendor is responsible for providing its own insurance, if desirable, to protect Vendor and Vendor’s property from damage, loss, theft, harm or injury. Tupelo Comic Con will not obtain insurance on Vendor’s behalf. Vendor is solely responsible for its own company exhibited material, goods, samples, and other property.
17) Tupelo Comic Con will lock the doors to the building after hours and provide hired security throughout the duration of the event. Tupelo Comic Con, however, is not responsible for any loss or damage to Vendor’s property which may occur.
18) Vendors shall keep all designated areas clean and will not nail, screw, or attach anything to the exhibit hall space. Vendors are asked to use only masking tape or pins in fabric panels to hang temporary decorations, and refrain from using staples, nails, tacks or other forms of tape. Vendors are not to place stickers, paints, or deface venue materials in any permanent fashion. Signs, banners and flyers may not be posted on venue property. A table will be available in a location designated by Tupelo Comic Con for placement of extra flyers.
19) All displays, chairs, tables and merchandise must be maintained within Vendor’s designated area.
20) Selling of items by Vendors on convention grounds, which includes the stated event location and adjoining facilities, their parking lots, other than the Dealers’ Room or any other designated area noted by Tupelo Comic Con is NOT allowed during the weekend of any Tupelo Comic Con event. Vendors who fail to comply will be ejected without warning and without refund.
21) Vendor will hold harmless Tupelo Comic Con and event facilities or any of their respective officers, agents, employees, members, representatives or affiliates, from any liability, damage, loss, harm, claim, or injury to property or person of the Vendor, Vendor officers, agents, employees or other persons, whether caused by the negligence of Tupelo Comic Con or event facilities, or from theft, fire, water, accident, or any other cause whatsoever.
22) Tupelo Comic Con reserves the right to make changes to or amend this contract and has the final say on all matters pertaining to the use and function of the Dealers’ Room during the run of the show.